Do you work in an office or sit at a desk all day? No time to make it to the gym? No worries! There are ways to work fitness and exercise into your sedentary job. Below, we will share with you 5 tips to break your sedentary lifestyle without ever having to step into the gym.
- Tomato Timer– This neat timer is found at www.tomato-timer.com and will automatically alert you to get up and exercise in intervals throughout the day. You can set it to give you as much or as little time as you need or as your job will allow you to do.
- Body Weight Exercise– Going along with the timer, learning basic body weight exercises you can do anywhere will allow you to get in effective exercise throughout your day. Some examples are body weight squats, crunches, sit ups, jumping jacks, burpees, lunges, dips, and push ups.
- Walking After Lunch– Cutting your lunch break a little short and using part of it as a time to get in a brisk walk or jog is another way to get in some exercise. If you have an hour break, use 30 minutes for lunch and the other 30 for your walking time.
- Standing Desk– There are now desks available that require you to stand rather than have you sitting for long periods of time. You can purchase a standing desk here on Amazon!
- Treadmill Desk– I know what you’re thinking, “You’re kidding right?” No i am not kidding! These are a real thing. You can purchase a treadmill desk here on Amazon!
As you can see there are a variety of ways to break out of that sedentary lifestyle even if you do have an office or desk job. We encourage you to get out there and set a plan of action. If you’re struggling to get started, try just choosing one of these tips to incorporate and once you feel comfortable with that, add in another!
***If you are interested in hiring a personal trainer to help you reach your health and fitness goals, please navigate to the Contact Us tab to reach out! We would love to help you and coach you to your sustainable, healthy lifestyle! ***